Friday, 15 May 2009
Happy Birthday UMNO
1. The UMNO leadership elections do not bring any change to the party. There are only changes of faces, nothing more. The disciplinary board has gone to sleep again. Corruption cases have been swept under the carpet. As I said in my earlier entry, these ills of our society(UMNO) are manifestations of self-interest, self-centeredness and self-absorption. They are manifestation to the existing culture of bluntness in upholding what is right and fighting what is wrong. They are embodiments of the disintegrating moral fabric of our society.
2. Those currently benefiting from the status quo would vigorously resist attempts at change. The promised gains from any change will remain just that, a promise. The current leadership of UMNO is in no hurry to change the rules as they are clearly benefiting from the system. Besides, their mindset is already fixed; there is nothing wrong with UMNO.
3.UMNO lost significant power in this last election but the magnitude of that loss has not registered on the member and leaders. To its leaders they are lack of a sense of urgency. To them, the last election was an aberration, not a portentous defeat.
4. Money politics, corruption at all levels, and continued factionalisms with various “warlords” exerting their controls are all signs of an organization unable to correct itself and incapable of self-renewal.
5.UMNO is being held hostage by these leaders or so corrupt cadres who do not seem to know what else they can do with their country. We feel sorry for them for delusion in thinking that they are still good for the country. In facts, they are useless and some of us who supported them are useless.
6. Before the whole system would, break down and everyone would be the loser. UMNO needs someone of highly intellectual impact with holistic visions to lead not only UMNO but our nation too.
7. Relying on the current rhetoric leaders means Malays and Bumiputras are digging their own grave.