When you state the truth, you succeed. If you exaggerate isues for the sake to be popular , you'll run into problems. Sooner or later the public can sense the lie, no matter how sincere you act. If you are caught, the penalties are painful.
You agree or disagree based on what you know to be true, not on what they want you to believe.
Integrity means you stick to your personal code of conduct. You stick to what you decide is right and wrong.When you live with integrity, you succeed. You are open and honest. Your life is uncomplicated and less stressful.
When you have good integrity you have no reason to lie. You can look at yourself in the mirror. You have nothing to hide.
The Best Code of Conduct
So what is right and ethical for you? How do you work out your own code of conduct?
"WHAT IS TRUE FOR YOU is what you have observed yourself
"And when you lose that you have lost everything."
"What is personal integrity?
"Personal integrity is knowing what you know—
"What you know is what you know—
"And to have the courage to know and say what you have observed.
"And that is integrity
"And there is no other integrity." — L. Ron Hubbard
No one needs to tell you what is right or wrong. You can see and decide for yourself.Nothing makes you more miserable than "selling out" and failing to stick to your integrity.
Benefits of Living with Integrity
1. When you stick to what you know is right or wrong, you don’t regret anything you have done.
2. People follow your example and act more honestly.
3. Your powers of observation are more accurate. You can see the truth about others more easily.
4. No need to keep your stories straight as your stories are facts. Less mental work is required.
5. You handle rejection and criticism more easily. As you have no doubt that you are fair.
6. You have fewer personality conflicts with others even when you are aggressive.
7. You fight crimes against you with more ferocity when you have nothing to hide.
8. When you make a mistake, it is easy to accept responsibility and move forward.
9. You earn the reputation as a person with integrity.
10. Your odds of being sued, fined or convicted of a crime go way down.